Here are tips on controlling active babies,
handling hyperactive children and how to make active toddlers sit
Controlling Active Babies
Active toddlers can be quite a handful at times. It
is not at all possible for children sit quietly all the time. In fact,
most of the babies are hyperactive in the initial years. They are also
very curious and try to poke their noses at the most unexpected places
in your home. They try to explore new things every now and then and in
the process, get hurt easily, even in the most baby-proofed homes too.
They are so enthusiastic to learn about everything and have such a short
attention span that they cannot just help but explore as much as they
can. However, hyperactive kids need to be controlled better, not only to
keep them out of danger, but also in order to increase their
concentration power. In the following lines, we have provided a few tips
that will help you know how to make your active toddlers sit still for
Tips For Handling Hyperactive Children
- Reading a story is one of the best methods to keep your baby
engaged. Doing this will not only help you increase his/her
attention span, but also enhance his/her imagination power.
- Talking is another method that can keep your baby mesmerized for
hours at a stretch. Whenever you baby is awake, try to talk to
him/her as much as you can, even when you are working alongside.
- Hide some of the toys of your child or change their position.
Now, encourage him/her to find new ways of playing with the rest of
the toys or the newly arranged toys. This will keep him/her busy and
also increase his thinking power.
- Forbidden territories always tend to make babies more curious.
So, it is advisable not to stop them from going anywhere. If they
want to make mess in the kitchen, put them in a tub with lots of
whipped cream to play with and enjoy. You can also catch some funny
and naughty photographs of your child at this time.
- Playing interactive games with parents are thoroughly enjoyable
and preferable for most babies. Such games keep them busy and also
increase their bonding with parents.
- Put the baby in a swing or carrier seat and give him/her some
safe toys to play with. This will keep him/her busy for quite
- Involve your child in art or craft activities. It is a good
method to build up his/her attention span, as he/she will be giving
undivided time and attention to the work.
- Find out the areas in which your child has interest and encourage
him/her to indulge in those activities. It could be anything like
drawing, building models, sewing and even coloring.
- Another way to increase your child's attention is through giving
him/her some responsibility. Ask your daughter to help you in
arranging things and your son to fetch some items for you, while you
are cooking in the kitchen.
- Having a pet can help curb the hyperactivity of many children.
Along with that, it will also make them more loving, responsible and
proud of themselves.
- Assign your children some tasks on a daily basis and make sure to
appreciate and praise them when they do the work correctly.