Know about baby gear for twins, things you need
for twins and what to buy for twins or multiples.
Baby Gear for Twins
While stocking up a nursery for twins, first things that come to
people's minds are exactly same clothes for the babies. However,
you hardly have time to see what you are actually dressing your kids
in, when the time comes, while balancing and trying to hold both of
them at the same time. However there is baby gear, which you realize
is must with twins while there are items you can do without. Here are
some tips from experts and parents of twins that will help you to
choose stuff that you will actually use or desire to have to make your
- Backpack diaper bags are hands-free and will help you to control
big and heavy stroller with your twins better.
- Borrowing and hand-me-downs can be a good idea too for
- Buying identical clothes and toys for your twins. Teach them to
share their things. This will also give them more variety to enjoy.
- Diaper pail that seals diapers will keep your home from stinking
when both your kids are having diarrhea!
- Double convertible strollers with two seats that recline come in
handy for the time when your tins are not old enough to sit and can
be used as car seats too.
- Infant car seats that double as carriers are not as useful as for
a singleton, when you have to handle two babies of same age at the
- Newborns can share their crib until they are three months old
while they may not need the high chairs until they are six months
- On a trip to grocery store, you may find it easier to make one
baby ride in the car seat and another one in the carrier.
- You don't have to double up the number of clothes and toys
for twins. Twins require only one and a half times of the clothing
needed for a single child and they can share swings, play gyms,
stationary entertainers and play yards.
- You don't really need changing tables for twins as you may
have to change the diaper exactly where they are at the moment and
several changing stations with waterproof pad, wipes and container
of fresh diapers work better for twins.
- You will really need two car seats, cribs, nursing pillows,
bottle props, high chairs and bouncy seats.
- You won't have the need to use breast pumps after nursing